Monday, November 1

insult me for $14.6 mill...

i just don't get athletes... yeah they have to make a living, but is their goal not also to win the championship in whatever sports endeavor they participate???

apparently not if you are Latrell Spreewell (aka - the guy who choked an ex-coach while at practice)... recently he was insulted when the Timberwolves, his current employer in the NBA, offered him roughly $30 million over the next three years... he said -
``Why would I want to help them win a title? They're not doing anything for me. I'm at risk. I have a lot of risk here. I got my family to feed. Anything could happen.''
uhhh... i don't know Spree... maybe because they are already paying you $14.6 million this year and you aren't even the second best player on your team...

well i guess if he has a large family (20+ kids), like the one our first president (George Washington), grew up in i would understand... and if that is the case please let us know... but i suspect Spree is just greedy... but hell - i am sure he will find some financial boob, i mean owner, to pay him $12m a year after this season is over and he is 35 when the next season starts...

here's the link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home